“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Peacemaking and striving for social justice are key to the mission of House of Hope – locally, nationally, and internationally. House of Hope fully embraces the Peace and Justice efforts of the Presbyterian Church USA through the Peace and Justice Committee.
The Peace and Justice Committee is a standing committee of House of Hope Session with the following purposes:
- To provide a church forum for peacemaking and justice issues;
- To identify issues for which advocacy is needed;
- To provide information and education for the congregation;
- To bring opportunities for advocacy to the attention of the congregation;
- To operate in a non-partisan manner recognizing that people of good will, found in both and all political parties, are interested in peace and social justice, but may differ in approach and solutions;
- To respond to local, national, and international issues that affect the church, eliciting its response.