The House of Hope Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time Lead Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Caregiver to share God’s love by creating a safe, clean, dependable, nurturing environment and providing age-appropriate care for children, three-years-old through five-years-old.
The House of Hope Presbyterian Church
Lead Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Caregiver Job Description
Job Title: Lead Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Caregiver
Reports to: The Lead Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Caregiver reports directly to the Director of Children and Family Ministry. They are indirectly accountable to the Co Pastors/Head of Staff, the Children and Family Ministry Committee, and the Session.
Position Status: Part Time, overtime eligible (availability to work Sunday mornings from 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. and special services including Christmas and Easter). There is a possibility of occasional additional hours.
Purpose: Share God’s love by creating a safe, clean, dependable, and nurturing environment for children, three-years-old through five-years-old.
- Provide age-appropriate care including: attention to allergies, snack time, bathroom assistance, maintaining a clean and safe environment, cheerfully interacting with children through play, stories, art, and songs. Precautions should always be used while handling any type of bodily fluids.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, families, staff, and volunteers.
- Arrive on time.
- Stay until all children are returned to the care of their guardian(s), listed on the sign-in sheet.
- Straighten up the room prior to leaving: tie trash bags shut and dispose of them, appropriately dispose of diapering items and broken toys/equipment, sanitize and put away toys, sanitize surfaces, report any broken toys/equipment or depleted supplies to the Director of Children and Family Ministry.
- Facilitate Sunday morning family story time on a rotational basis.
- Become familiar with preschool and pre-kindergarten curricula.
- Become familiar with developmental stages of three-years-old through five-years-old.
- Prepare for weekly Sunday morning programming.
- Implement an age-appropriate curricula and exploratory methods.
- Assist with the sign-in/out system; notifying new families about the procedure.
- Communicate with the Director of Children and Family Ministry if an issue hinders their ability to fulfill the job responsibilities.
- Notify the Director of Children and Family Ministry in the event of an absence. (Planned absences will be noted on the monthly calendar. Unplanned absences need to be reported at least two hours prior to the shift.)
- Follow emergency procedures to ensure the safety of children.
- Supervise volunteer or staff assistants in the preschool and pre-kindergarten room. Direct assistant to areas where support is needed. Inform the Director of Children and Family Ministry of any issues that need to be addressed.
- Attend Sunday afternoon staff meetings.
- Must be at least 18-years-old.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain an Infant and Child CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Enjoy working with children, three-years-old through five-years-old.
- Possess a professional, friendly, and patient demeanor.
- Exercise sound judgment when working with children and communicating with families.
We are a dynamic, evolving community at House of Hope. We look forward to hearing from you! If this position is of interest, please send resume and cover letter to Kiera Stegall, Director of Children and Family Ministry, The House of Hope Presbyterian Church, 797 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55105.
For more information, please contact Kiera Stegall here.