From Here to There Sermon Series: 7 Biblical Insights on the 7 Objectives
Join us for a special sermon series January 3– February 14 as we reflect on 7 Biblical insights that can inspire and guide us to fulfill our new 7 Objectives in the coming years.
A Future with Hope
House of Hope Mission Statement
Hope is more than a word in our name—it is why we were founded on Christmas Eve in 1855. Our inclusive and affirming community seeks to live out the word of God in our time. In the Presbyterian tradition we are Reformed, and yet always reforming. In this spirit we:
Glorify God in our worship and seek to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ by proclaiming the Gospel through preaching, prayer, and exceptional music;
Engage in a holy curiosity which seeks through ongoing learning to apply the teachings of the Bible and to follow the example of Jesus in our daily lives;
Offer fellowship to people both inside and outside the church, listening to and respecting perspectives other than our own;
Celebrate the dynamic and perpetual re-creation of God’s world by nurturing a faithful expression of the arts from children’s programs to hosting established artists and fostering musical gifts;
Create a welcoming spiritual home for people in all stages of life, from young families to singles, empty nesters to senior adults; and
Advocate for the just treatment of all people by offering tangible assistance and striving for structural change in racial equity, housing, and healthcare access, and environmental stewardship.
1. Establish and implement a HOH Master/Site Plan that reflects our desire to be a hospitable and welcoming community.
2. Create and implement a HOH Master Financial Plan.
3. Develop and expand programs for children, youth, family, and adults.
4. Create dynamic new partnerships and programs to further our spiritual life through music, arts and adult education.
5. Update our governance system to be relevant to our current and future needs.
6. Take bold and courageous action to advance diversity, religious pluralism, social justice and environmental stewardship.
7. Capitalize on new technologies to engage prospective and current members.